Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Walking, Talking, and Just Having Fun

Peter has been getting so much more confident with walking. He has regularly been walking between Rob and I but today he actually let go of a piece of funiture and walked over to another peice of furniture. There was a full stop in there too. I was so proud, I stopped talking midsentence to watch him do this. He was also all over his father, giving him a ton of kisses, and just playing while squatting over and over again. Work those muscles baby!

At one point in the evening, he decided to climb the stairs and I went and turned our desktop computer on. As he was sitting on my lap he picked up the reciever of the phone, the old style one with no buttons on the receiver, and he said hello. I decided to call my parents. He then had a 10 minute conversation with my dad and when I saw that he was about done I told him to say bye and he did along with a wave. It was just too funny. My dad loved it.

On a side note, for those of you who know about my mom's fall yesterday, she is home now. She has no pins in her ankle like dad previously thought. They just did surgery to set it. She has another surgery in two weeks but they are trying to find her a doctor closer to home, not one that is 70 miles away. She is happy to be home and will be out of work for a couple of weeks. I need to say that my dad really stepped up to the plate and has been doing a wonderful job. I also have to say that this has shown my mom how much she is loved by her coworkers. One of them drove her car all the way home for her today. She has also been having numerous phone calls and visits, when she was in the hosptital, and this has helped her. Thank you everyone for your support.

No comments: